- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
East Moline Alderman Cheri Bustos (D) said last week she will announce her candidacy for Illinois’ 17th district on July 13, while Democratic activist Porter McNeil dropped his bid, the Quad-City Times reported.
Bustos joins two other Democrats, state Sen. Dave Koehler and Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp, already in the race for the chance to challenge freshman Rep. Bobby Schilling (R).
Gov. Pat Quinn (D) just signed the new Congressional map into law, one that drastically alters Schilling’s current district by moving it up into the northwest corner of the state and including Peoria. These changes result in a more Democratic-leaning district.