- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Former state Rep. Janice Arnold-Jones (R) has formed an exploratory committee as she considers running for the 1st district, which is currently held by Rep. Martin Heinrich (D).
The seat could come open soon with Heinrich likely to run for Senate. In a recent interview with Roll Call, Arnold-Jones said a final decision on the race likely will not come until late May. “I will know by then whether I can garner enough votes and raise enough funds,” she said.
The Republican said the Albuquerque-based district will shrink after redistricting, with the population trending to the west of the state’s largest city.
Republican Heather Wilson, who is now running for Senate, previously held the district. President Barack Obama won it by 21 points in 2008.