- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
Ba Bay chef Nicholas Sharpe said the banh mi sandwiches were one of the restaurant’s top sellers as a lunch special. It made sense to add them permanently, he said.
Not that there won’t be variations: On Tuesday, Ba Bay offered a spare rib banh mi as a special, and Sharpe anticipates adding more options in the coming months including shrimp, scallops or tofu.
Restaurant spokeswoman Denise Nguyen said the sandwiches have “transcended out of Vietnamese mom-and-pop shops” and are becoming popular all over the city. Dino, an Italian restaurant in Cleveland Park, for example, serves duck liver banh mi, and PS 7’s in Chinatown serves bite-size banh mi.