- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
"If I have a million bucks I might as well give it during the petition process," said Kevin Kennedy, the director and general counsel of the state's Government Accountability Board, which oversees elections in Wisconsin. But even during the election period, outside groups may spend unlimited amounts on advocacy media spots.
Jay Heck, the executive director of the Wisconsin chapter of Common Cause, predicted there will be "an avalanche of national interest" in the recall races.
"Everyone will be in here," he said. "It will be good for the restaurant business."