- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
And any attempt to provide flexibility on earmarks would undoubtedly meet resistance from a strong block of conservative House Republicans.
Longtime anti-earmark crusader Rep. Jeff Flake, who recently became an appropriator, said it was important to remain vigilant against attempts to weaken the moratorium.
The Arizona Republican noted that the absence of earmarks in the ongoing continuing resolution debate has helped Members make substantial cuts.
“It’s been so nice not to have that distraction and so we can actually come to the floor without the logrolling that typically happens with earmarks,” Flake said.