- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Sen. Orrin Hatch may be old enough to qualify for a senior discount on movie tickets, but that doesn’t mean he’s too old to understand the importance of social media.
The Utah Republican, 76, will appear alongside Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg at a forum on innovation and public policy at Brigham Young University. The March 25 event will discuss the effects that social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter have on government and politics.
“I especially appreciate the ability Facebook gives me to communicate directly and openly with the people of Utah about the issues they care about most,” Hatch said in a release.
Hatch is a bit of an expert on social media and Congress, serving as chairman of the Senate Republican High Tech Task Force. The real question is whether Hatch will “friend” Zuckerberg after the event.