- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Ensign said an “ugly” campaign could “cause a great deal more pain than has already been felt as a result of my actions.” Ensign added that he would rather focus on his work in the Senate than deal “with the distractions stemming from a re-election bid.”
Former Nevada GOP Executive Director Dan Burdish said prior to Ensign’s announcement that “some people are extremely upset with John and it has nothing to do with having an extramarital affair; it’s that he slept with his best friend’s wife.”
Also weighing on Ensign was growing evidence that he would not be viable against Heller, who released a poll last month showing him leading Ensign by 15 points in a primary matchup.
“I think everyone is kind of relieved in Nevada that this won’t be hanging out there any more,” Uithoven said.