- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
While the Capitol may feel hectic and crazy sometimes, Rep. Steve Pearce is doing his best to make sure it feels like a zoo.
A spy spotted two giant crates filled with taxidermy in the hallway outside the New Mexico Republican’s office on the fourth floor of the Rayburn House Office Building last week.
The boxes contained six animal heads in all, including that of an antelope and a waterbuck. The shipping label indicated the hefty crates weighed upward of 500 pounds.
“Let’s just hope Rep. Pearce’s office figures out where to put them before PETA finds out,” our spy says.
Pearce killed all six creatures himself on a hunting trip in Africa, a source from his office tells HOH. Profits from the expedition benefited conservation efforts and sustainable use.
No word on exactly where Pearce plans to hang the critters.