- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
With a new poll out this week showing former Gov. Tim Kaine (D) running even with former Sen. George Allen (R) in a potential Senate matchup, two Virginia Democrats said Tuesday that they are banking on a Kaine candidacy.
Rep. Jim Moran told Roll Call that he hopes Kaine runs. He said that if Kaine does not announce soon, he would be “on the phone to [former Rep.] Tom Perriello.”
Rep. Gerry Connolly, who did his part to recruit Kaine during a speech at last month’s Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner in Richmond, reiterated Moran’s hope.
“More important than electability, this is a person of strong values, strong convictions, and who would be a really wonderful plus for the U.S. Senate,” he said.
Kaine is on vacation until Monday, so no decision is expected this week.