- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
The chairmen and ranking members of almost every House panel will testify before the House Administration Committee starting today as part of the biennial marathon hearing to determine committee budgets.
The top Members on each committee will begin cycling through the Longworth House Office Building hearing room at
11 a.m., presenting their budget requests in a ritual that will continue through Wednesday morning.
The only committees not to participate are the House Appropriations Committee, which sets its own funding level, and the House Administration Committee, which cannot testify before itself.
House Administration Chairman Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) and ranking member Robert Brady (D-Pa.) will be asking the panel leaders how they plan to do more with less, given the House-passed resolution to cut 5 percent from each committee and Member office budget.
Please send Campus Notebook tips here.