- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Speaker John Boehner rented downtown restaurant P.J. Clarke’s for a fundraiser Tuesday night, allowing the Ohio Republican and his guests to have their “Mad Men” moment.
A love of P.J. Clarke’s — a popular watering hole for staffers, both on Capitol Hill and for Mad Men’s fictitious advertising agency — isn’t the only thing Boehner and Don Draper have in common. Both men wear swanky suits and enjoy relaxing with a cigarette and a drink after a hard day at the office.
P.J. Clarke’s flagship location in New York opened in 1884, and the restaurant has enjoyed a spike in popularity since being featured on the AMC drama. The D.C. outpost opened last year and has since played host to heavy hitters such as Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.).