- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
On Tuesday, Twitter guru and former Capitol Hill staffer Adam Sharp got a special birthday shout-out on the social messaging site from Rep. Darrell Issa.
Sharp is a manager of government and political partnerships at Twitter, a job that often entails teaching lawmakers how to tweet. That’s no small task considering many Members were born long before computers were commonplace, let alone the Internet. This challenge is not lost on Issa.
“Happy birthday to @AdamS ... helping Congress people Tweet to connect w/ Americans directly must age you fast!” the California Republican tweeted.
Sharp didn’t respond directly to Issa’s tweet, though he did issue a thank you to those who sent birthday wishes his way.
We don’t know whether Issa is right and the job has led to an increase in gray hairs; Sharp declined to comment.