- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“It is generally the feeling of the moderates that they will have a very tough time recruiting,” he said. “In most of these districts, they saw the campaigns were run against Nancy almost as much against the other candidates. ... We won all the liberal seats. We can’t win back the House unless the moderates come back.”
Blue Dogs plan to launch their own recruiting effort in conjunction with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, he said, predicting that the Blue Dog PAC would garner strong support from the business community between now and 2012. But retirements also could complicate matters.
“If moderates continue to be marginalized in the Caucus, that’s a real problem, and it may lead to retirements,” he said. “There’s no question about it.”