- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Should she ever leave Congress, D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton might have a future as a celebrity spokeswoman.
The Democrat took to the House floor last week to salute the grocery store chain Giant Food, which is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. Noting that the grocer “has been known for its high-quality food and customer service,” Norton says Washington, D.C., has embraced the chain for its “convenient neighborhood locations, bargain prices and quality customer service.” She saluted Giant’s pharmacies, bonus card programs and Peapod, the chain’s home-delivery service.
“Giant has become such a focal point and meeting place for residents that my office frequents Giants in the District for my Government to Go program, which offers casework services in the community ... saving them from having to visit my offices,” Norton says.
No word on whether Norton clips coupons.