- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
This action may not even be necessary if the EPA will voluntarily put the rule on hold and reopen the discussion on these new standards. The cement industry has in fact filed a petition for reconsideration of the regulation, and there is no reason a reasonable revised standard canít be crafted in the same time frame as contemplated under the current proposed rule.
This CRA challenge does not seek to block new air quality standards for the production of Portland cement. We instead demand a good rule that accomplishes the goal of better air quality here and abroad without an unnecessary loss of jobs.
Thatís called Congressional oversight of unelected bureaucrats, a job the left will say anything to stop.
Rep. John Carter is a Republican from Texas.