- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Now-Sen. Jim Webb makes his way to the stage to speak to supporters in Tysons Corner, Va., on election night 2006. His too-close-to-call contest was decided two days later when then-Sen. George Allen (R) conceded to Webb, sealing a 51-seat Democratic majority in the Senate. Webb announced Wednesday that he will not seek a second term in 2012, when he would have faced a likely rematch with Allen.