- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
Republicans, meanwhile, poked fun Tuesday at the Democrats’ choice of location. The National Republican Senatorial Committee issued a release highlighting the fact that the retreat was being held at the posh resort instead of a location in Washington, D.C.
Sen. Chuck Grassley also mocked their light agenda.
“Do they have a jobs agenda?” the Iowa Republican asked. “Tell me what it is.”
“They’re going to come back from Charlottesville and they’ll have a ‘jobs agenda’ because they know that’s what people want. But they’ll all come back a little more fiscally conservative,” he predicted.