- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) still has strong feelings about his 2006 loss to Sen. Bob Casey (D).
Santorum, who is likely to seek the GOP presidential nomination, told Roll Call last week that 2006 was a “no-chance election” against an anti-abortion-rights Democrat who raised nearly $20 million in an anti-GOP wave year.
And while the political climate has changed dramatically, Santorum didn’t give the GOP a strong chance in 2012 either.
“Maybe,” Santorum said when asked if Casey is vulnerable. “There’s 1.2 million more Democrats than Republicans in the state of Pennsylvania, and the president is on the ballot. It’s a tough election cycle for Republicans.”