- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
In the House, their biggest joint effort was on legislation boosting the use of renewable electricity. While the House passed their measure several times, it never cleared the Senate, and they now are hoping to push similar clean-energy legislation in the chamber.
The cousins face some daunting non-legislative challenges, too. Mark, who worked for the Outward Bound program for 20 years, has scaled all 54 “14-ers” — mountains with peaks above 14,000 feet — in his home state and now is working on the 13-ers.
“We’ve got to plan another trip,” says Tom, an avid climber himself.
Mark has even bigger plans than heading to Colorado.
“You know what?” he says with a gleam in his eye. “We should try Antarctica.”