- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The Republican National Committee, struggling to right its finances following the tenure of former Chairman Michael Steele, appointed a new member to lead its convention efforts. Longtime RNC Committeeman Alec Poitevint from Georgia will lead the RNC’s Committee on Arrangements, which oversees the convention.
The convention has been a source of controversy, since the RNC had already spent large sums on the party gathering. New RNC Chairman Reince Priebus laid off members of the RNC’s convention planning team soon after he was elected in January.
Poitevint supported Priebus in his bid for chairman. He first joined the RNC in 1989.
The RNC convention will be held in Tampa, Fla., the week of Aug. 27, 2012.
For more from our At the Races politics blog, click here.