- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
While most people are picking between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for the Super Bowl, Rep. Kay Granger is simply rooting for her home district, since the Dallas-Fort Worth area is hosting the festivities.
The Texas Republican is excited to attend the Sunday game at Cowboys Stadium.
“You kind of have to understand football and Texas,” she says. “I don’t want to be rude, but in Texas, football is a religion. We will all watch together and root and have a great time.”
Granger is already getting e-mails from friends asking what she’s wearing to weekend parties. She notes that party attire in Texas is a bit different from the rest of the country.
“When we say party attire, we mean your best boots, your best jeans, your best hat and a tuxedo jacket,” she says.