- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
“I think the committee’s action here will clarify a situation that has been very much in limbo since these OCE inquiries began,” said Walker, who praised the committee’s decision to dismiss the cases last week.
“The committee has not abandoned what it said in the DeLay matter, but what it did say here is that not every occurrence of raising funds from individuals or entities who may have interests in legislation ... is a violation,” Walker said. “That was open to some question under the OCE view of things.”