- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
However, skepticism was exhibited by some institutional-oriented Members, including Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), who said he is not “much of a caucus joiner” and argued that the GOP minority would probably function better if Senators focused on the Conference as a whole.
But Sen. Orrin Hatch, who faces the likelihood of a Bennett-like convention challenge in 2012, said the Tea Party Caucus could prove beneficial to his colleagues.
“I think it’s a good idea for people to get together,” the Utah Republican said. “I think the tea party has been a great deal in this country. It’s helped to bring about a little bit of a transformation this time, and hopefully it’ll get better.”
Jackie Kucinich contributed to this report.