- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
McCain, for his part, said there is room for moderation in the Senate, pointing to the growth of independent voters in his state of Arizona and across the country. He’s working with Carper on an enhanced rescissions bill that is a less powerful version of a line-item veto.
Carper, however, acknowledged Republicans are in a tough spot, noting then-Rep. Mike Castle’s defeat in his state’s Senate GOP primary last year, as well as Bennett’s defeat in Utah.
“Republicans are between a rock and a hard place. ... Very good, conservative but centrist Republicans were punished for their willingness to work across the aisle. It’s a tough call for Republicans.”