- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
As the saying goes, if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
That’s exactly what Sen. Roy Blunt did. HOH has learned that the Missouri Republican and his wife, Abby, have adopted a dog from an animal shelter in Joplin, Mo. The family picked up the 1-year-old silky terrier mix Friday.
“When Abby and I decided to get a new pet for our family, we knew we wanted to rescue a homeless shelter dog,” Blunt said in a release. “We hope everyone will take the opportunity to visit their local shelter and consider rescuing an animal when adding a new pet to their family.”
Blunt tweeted about his new pup Friday and soon received a slew of possible names. “Lots of great suggestions: Truman, Archie, Cooper, Senate and Bondo. Keep them coming and will keep you updated on what we decide,” he tweeted.
In the end, the family decided to name the dog Max. We’re told he will split his time between Missouri and D.C., just like his owner.