- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
HOH eyed Speaker John Boehner holding court in the bar area at Charlie Palmer Steak on Thursday night. The Ohio Republican sat with three people at a table near a window toward the front of the Capitol Hill hot spot. He sipped a glass of wine and headed outside at least twice to smoke a cigarette.
Boehner also did a little networking — both Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) and Rep. Tom Latham (R-Iowa) came into the restaurant for dinner, and Boehner got up to greet them.
Although he appeared to be having fun — he was overheard laughing loudly several times — Boehner didn’t seem to appreciate the attention of star-struck bar patrons. Moments after someone at the bar snapped a camera phone photo of the Speaker, he left.
But Boehner didn’t immediately head home, considering an HOH spy saw Boehner later on at the Monocle Restaurant.