- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Former Rep. Anh “Joseph” Cao (La.), one of two House Republicans to lose their re-election bids in 2010, is holding a debt retirement reception in February.
For a suggested contribution of $500, supporters can meet with Cao in New Orleans on Thursday, Feb. 3.
The most recent campaign finance report showed Cao was $34,000 in debt.
Cao won the heavily Democratic seat in a runoff in December 2008, defeating then-Rep. William Jefferson (D). In 2010, Cao ran an unusual campaign, running ads showing him with President Barack Obama. Cao lost to now-Rep. Cedric Richmond (D), 65 percent to 34 percent.