- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
HOH is proud to announce the arrival of the newest member of the Roll Call family. Senate reporter Emily Pierce gave birth to Evan Huw Tolbert Parry in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Both mom and baby are doing well.
Evan, weighing in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces, was scheduled to be delivered by cesarean section on Jan. 24, but he instead opted to make an early appearance.
“His first act of defiance was in refusing to come on the day scheduled. I should expect no less from a kid with two hard-headed parents,” Pierce tells HOH via e-mail.
(Take note, editors: Even after giving birth, Pierce is still checking her BlackBerry.)
Evan is Pierce’s second child with her husband, Joe Parry.
They are also parents to 4-year-old Georgia, who we hear was disappointed that her new brother was not named Jack.