- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
"When she was out doing her job as a Member of Congress, some deranged degenerate shot her down," said Franks, who also appeared on "Meet the Press" Sunday, adding, "A lot of people try to make the distinction between someone as conservative as I am and a Gabby Giffords. But I will tell you that never one time did even the slightest cross word or unkindness ever passed between us. This is a precious, decent woman that did not deserve what happened to her."
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), appearing on CBS' "Face the Nation," called the shooting "an attack on democracy itself, on the ability ... to come together to talk to one another.
"That's what democracy is all aboutóRepresentatives listening to their constituents and trying to reflect their views."
Jackie Kucinich, Jessica Brady, John Stanton and Christina Bellantoni contributed to this report.comments powered by Disqus