- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Capitol Hill veterans know how boring committee hearings can be, but one freshman Member learned the hard way.
Rep. Tim Scott recently landed a spot on the House Rules Committee and promptly fell asleep during the panel’s first meeting, an HOH spy says. The South Carolina Republican was dozing at his desk during the hearing Thursday, the spy says.
“The new Republican Members just can’t win today. First Rep.-elect [Mike] Fitzpatrick [R-Pa.] needs to be sworn in after a snafu and then Rep. Scott falls asleep in his first Rules Committee hearing?” our tipster says.
Scott aide Joe McKeown says things aren’t what they seemed.
“Tim wasn’t sleeping. He had his iPad on his lap,” McKeown says. “You’ll see him doing that all the time.”