- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
One person present at the swearing-in of the 112th Senate was so excited he couldn’t contain himself: Sen. Ron Wyden’s 3-year-old son, William.
As soon as the Senate Clerk called the Oregon Democrat’s name on the floor, the tiny tyke could be heard screaming from the gallery as his mother, Nancy, did her best to quiet him down.
As onlookers giggled, she scooped up the toddler — who looked dapper in a pint-sized blazer — and made a run for the door.
“We heard his name and he said, ‘Yea, Daddy!’” Nancy Wyden explains to HOH.
Everybody now: Awwww!
Lucky for William, the staff managing the gallery doors had a sense of humor and insisted that he and his mother stay and watch his father take the oath.