- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
“Every time it snows, I freak out and ask why nobody else is as excited as I am,” she said. “But even though I love the snow, I still don’t know how to dig my car out. I have to have my Illinois friends help me. I guess that’s why no one else is excited.”
Thompson has missed her family and friends since moving to D.C. four years ago, but she is proud to call Washington home (despite protests from her mother). With exciting times ahead for her office — Lucas was named chairman of the House Agriculture Committee in December — the staffer has no intention of leaving any time soon.
“I’ve worked on the Hill since October 2007 and haven’t left since. I even live on the Hill. And my roommate works here, too,” she said. “I think that’s what they call a ‘Hill rat.’”
Submit news of hires and promotions on Capitol Hill to Hill Climbers here.