- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Paging the traffic police: Looks like Rep. Michael McCaul is breaking a traffic law.
An HOH tipster sent us a cell phone picture Tuesday of a Toyota Highlander parked in the Texas Republican’s driveway outside his Capitol Hill home. The sport utility vehicle appears to be new, as it is outfitted with temporary paper license plates.
But there’s a problem. Those temporary plates expired Nov. 1, 2010, and another HOH spy has spotted the vehicle being driven on city streets, which is illegal because of the expired tags.
McCaul’s office says the Congressman is working to get the plates updated as soon as possible.
“The McCauls have been working with the Toyota dealer trying to register the leased vehicle in their home state of Texas,” spokesman Mike Rosen tells us.
“Juggling their five children and running into the holidays, the process of getting the Texas plates to Washington has regrettably taken longer than expected.”