- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), who served with Biden for 30 years, is one of the conservatives who enjoys a good working relationship with Biden.
“They’ve had the kind of relationship where they can disagree, even strongly disagree, on policy, without being disagreeable,” a Hatch aide said.
Though Democrats might have given a mixed review of his handling of the tax cut deal, Republicans said they would gladly welcome Biden to the negotiating table in the future.
“This is a very good model, a very productive model,” said the Senate GOP aide with knowledge of the Biden-McConnell talks. The aide added, “If [the White House] would have had this approach on at least a few items over the past two years, I think they would have had surprisingly good results.”