- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Poor Sen. Bob Bennett. Not only did he lose at the Utah Republican convention earlier this year, but now his going-away party has been ruined.
Senate Rules and Administration Chairman Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) was slated to host a farewell reception Tuesday morning for Bennett, who serves as the panel’s ranking member. But the festivities were canceled thanks to the impeachment trial of Judge G. Thomas Porteous Jr., according to a source with the committee. Talk about a bummer.
Now it looks like Bennett, who has spent nearly 18 years in Congress, may never get a proper send-off; we hear that the reception hasn’t been rescheduled.
Thanks for nothing, Judge Porteous.
Correction: Dec. 8, 2010
The article incorrectly stated how Sen. Bob Bennett lost his seat. He was defeated for nomination at the state Republican convention.