- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
With frigid temperatures hitting the Washington region, many Senators wore winter attire Tuesday — and a few got into the sartorial holiday spirit.
Several Members, including Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), were spotted wearing heavy overcoats, some of which looked appropriate for ski slopes.
Others found more novel ways to stay warm: Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) is still unshaven with his wintertime beard (which is growing in thicker each day), while Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) sported a red sweater vest under his suit.
But Sen. Ben Nelson wins style points for his festive red tie with green polka dots. “Last year I never got to wear a Christmas tie; I’m wearing a Christmas tie today so that may answer the question,” the Nebraska Democrat told a Roll Call reporter.