- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The Dec. 9 luncheon will take place at the National Republican Senatorial Committee headquarters, according to an e-mail invitation obtained by Roll Call. The invitation listed the donation levels as: Host: $5,000; Sponsor: $2,500 PAC; and Attend: $1,000 PAC/$500 Personal.
In other Johnson news, the Senator-elect on Wednesday named a new chief of staff. Johnson chose Don Kent, a veteran of government who was a top aide to former Sen. Don Nickles (R-Okla.). Kent had been a vice president at the Navigators Global consulting firm in Washington.
He was assistant secretary for legislative affairs at the Department of Homeland Security for five years starting in 2004, serving as the chief liaison to Congress, according to a release. Kent also served as principal legislative adviser to then-DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff.
For more from our At the Races politics blog, click here.