- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Their Own Words
• During his presidency, Jimmy Carter recorded his thoughts in a private diary. With the publishing of “White House Diary” ($30), the insights of his presidency are available to the public for the first time. The book includes his impressions on nuclear containment and sustainable energy as well as his struggle during the 1980 Democratic nomination and the Iranian hostage crisis.
• With his years in the Oval Office behind him, President George W. Bush writes “Decision Points” ($35). The memoir describes the critical moments of his presidency, including his takes on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the federal government’s response to Hurricane Katrina.
• Bob Woodward’s “Obama’s Wars” ($30) provides an intimate portrait of President Barack Obama as he makes decisions on Afghanistan, Pakistan and the fight against terrorism. The book draws on internal memos, classified documents and interviews with several of the key players in the administration.
• In “America by Heart: Reflection on Family, Faith and Flag” ($26), former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) tackles the topics of feminism and “mama grizzlies,” criticizes Obama and his wife, and continues to describe the ideals that were first presented in her 2009 memoir, “Going Rogue.”
For the Kids
• “Cappy Tail’s Capitol Tales” by Peter Barnes ($17) provides an entertaining and educational tour with Cappy Tail, a squirrel who calls the Capitol home. He introduces the Capitol Visitor Center and makes his way through famous rooms that include the Rotunda and each of the chambers, sharing fun tidbits about history and the government.