- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night! Rep. Laura Richardson took to the House floor Tuesday to bid farewell to her colleagues who would not be returning for the 112th Congress. Everybody now: Aw.
“These colleagues — while their service, intellect and companionship will be missed dearly — can look back on these last two years in Congress and take pride in the historically legislative achievements of which they were a part,” the California Democrat said in a mushy speech outlining each group’s legislative accomplishments.
Richardson recognized the Congressional classes of 2006, 2008 and even the special election classes from the 110th and 111th Congresses.