- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night! Rep. Laura Richardson took to the House floor Tuesday to bid farewell to her colleagues who would not be returning for the 112th Congress. Everybody now: Aw.
“These colleagues — while their service, intellect and companionship will be missed dearly — can look back on these last two years in Congress and take pride in the historically legislative achievements of which they were a part,” the California Democrat said in a mushy speech outlining each group’s legislative accomplishments.
Richardson recognized the Congressional classes of 2006, 2008 and even the special election classes from the 110th and 111th Congresses.