- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Wood’s take on the dish has plenty of happy constituents. It’s one of the more popular items on the menu — and one of the few constants among the selection of dishes, most of which change with the season.
Some modern-day Senators have sampled the goods and given their expert votes of approval. “They’re Senators,” he says. “So if they like it, I must be doing something right.”
So if Congress ever does get around to passing a bean-soup bill, there might be an amendment making sure it’s Wood’s recipe that becomes the law of the land.