- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. James Inhofe isn’t shy about what he wants for his upcoming 76th birthday. Instead of asking for a bottle of wine or a nice tie, the Oklahoma Republican is hoping people make a donation to his political action committee, the Fund for a Conservative Future.
Inhofe is celebrating turning another year older Wednesday with a fundraiser disguised as a birthday party. Tickets to the Capitol Hill event cost a cool $1,000 for PACs and $250 for individuals. Talk about capitalizing on your special day.
Inhofe isn’t the only lawmaker to exploit a birthday; Sen. Susan Collins is following suit. The Maine Republican turns 58 in December and will be celebrating at a party benefitting Collins for Senate. The event even promises a guest appearance by Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.).