- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
And, of course, the tea party is always watching. While Connecticut does not have a strong local movement, the national Tea Party Express is already shaping a 2012 strategy, which could include a role in the Connecticut contest.
“We view [Lieberman] the same as any other candidate. We always are supportive of those who espouse our basic core values of lower taxes, less government intrusion, putting an end to deficit spending, etc.,” Tea Party Express spokesman Levi Russell said. “If Lieberman will strongly support those positions, then we would be happy to support him whether he runs as a Dem, Republican or Independent.”