- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Reid spokesman Jim Manley acknowledged that House Members may be miffed by the Senates abrupt reversal on the issue after the chamber had already scattered for the recess. But he said the win came as a surprise even to Reid.
Sorry, but we woke up this morning not knowing whether we were going to have the votes to pass this or not, Manley said. He added that House Members are fully aware that there has been an unprecedented level of Republican obstruction going on over here. ... We would have liked to have done this bill before now, but we just havent been able to.
Jessica Brady contributed to this report.