- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Reid spokesman Jim Manley acknowledged that House Members may be miffed by the Senates abrupt reversal on the issue after the chamber had already scattered for the recess. But he said the win came as a surprise even to Reid.
Sorry, but we woke up this morning not knowing whether we were going to have the votes to pass this or not, Manley said. He added that House Members are fully aware that there has been an unprecedented level of Republican obstruction going on over here. ... We would have liked to have done this bill before now, but we just havent been able to.
Jessica Brady contributed to this report.