- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
On the revenue side, my colleagues and I continue to believe economic growth is the only sustainable revenue generator. Eliminating the capital gains tax, reducing corporate taxes and ending Obamacare will spur investment and release capital.
H.R. 2114 is a piece of the puzzle. A federal workforce that is smarter and leaner, coupled with a budget in balance and an economy on the move, will redound to the benefit of the private and public sectors.
While the market dictates reform in the private sector, sometimes Congress must act to force reform in the public sector. The American people are asking Washington to change, but their patience is wearing thin.
Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.) is chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and Labor Policy.