- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Former Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) is asking for contributions as the quarter closes, which makes him sound a lot like a man running for Congress — or a man with a lot of bills to pay. In an email to supporters, he asked for money so he can outraise Rep. Daniel Webster (R) this quarter, as Grayson did in the first three months of this year.
“I’d like to see the same headline on July 15 that we saw on April 15: ‘Out of Congress, Grayson Still Outraising GOP Congressman,’” Grayson wrote. He has not yet said whether he is running for Congress again. His campaign committee had more than $1.3 million in debt at the end of March.