- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Rep. Bennie Thompson was part of the winning team at the Congressional Shoot-Out in May when the Democrats beat the Republicans for the second time in as many years.
The Mississippi lawmaker ó a well-known marksman and all-around sports buff ó might have supplemented his hands-on experience through his 2010 subscription to Shooting Sportsman and a 2011 subscription to Field and Stream, according to House accounting records.
(Donít worry, the Membersí Congressional Handbook says subscriptions are OK expenses.)
Well, we guess you can make a case that the $32 Shooting Sportsman subscription and the $44.91 subscription to Field and Stream are good for research, although Thompsonís office didnít return our calls for comment.
The subscription to Field and Stream is good until 2014 ó thatís two election cycles! ó so Thompson must be feeling pretty confident about his re-election chances.