- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D) has tossed his hat into Illinois' 17th district race, setting up a Democratic primary in the northwestern seat currently held by Rep. Bobby Schilling (R).
Gaulrapp joins state Sen. Dave Koehler (D), who had already announced that he’ll run for the seat.
The new Congressional map signed last week makes the 17th district more favorable for a Democrat. Republicans are expected to protest the map in court.
Gaulrapp ran against Rep. Don Manzullo (R) in 2010 but lost by more than 30 points.