- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Freeport Mayor George Gaulrapp (D) has tossed his hat into Illinois' 17th district race, setting up a Democratic primary in the northwestern seat currently held by Rep. Bobby Schilling (R).
Gaulrapp joins state Sen. Dave Koehler (D), who had already announced that he’ll run for the seat.
The new Congressional map signed last week makes the 17th district more favorable for a Democrat. Republicans are expected to protest the map in court.
Gaulrapp ran against Rep. Don Manzullo (R) in 2010 but lost by more than 30 points.