- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) picked up a repeat challenger for his 5th district seat.
Lynne Torgerson, who ran as an Independent against Ellison in 2010 and garnered just 4 percent of the vote against Ellison’s 68 percent, declared late last week on TeaPartyNation.com that she would take on the three-term Congressman again. In the posting, she called him a “radical Islamist,” a quote that he noted for his Twitter followers.
Torgerson told Roll Call that she would seek the Republican nomination this cycle, instead of running as an Independent.